NOTE: Rescheduling fees for several USMLE Step exams is supposed to be reinstated by Prometric on 1, 2020 september. Please see the Prometric web site to find out more.
For Appointments at Prometric Test Centers for step one, step two CK, and step three exams:
Prometric will charge a charge if USMLE examinees change testing appointments ( ag e.g., reschedule, cancel, modification test center location) at Prometric Test Centers thirty or less times before their scheduled test date. No cost is charged for changing testing appointments 31 or even more days ahead of the day that is first of scheduled test.
The date whether you pay a fee and the amount of this fee that you change your appointment, using local time at the Regional Registration Center for the Prometric Testing Region, will determine:
- If you improve your appointment 31 or maybe more times before (although not including) the very first time of one’s planned test date, there’s no cost.
- If you replace your visit less than 31 times but a lot more than 5 times before ( not including) the day that is first of planned test date, there clearly was a $50 cost.
- If you improve your appointment 5 or less times before ( not including) the first time of one’s planned test date, there is certainly a greater cost. This charge differs by Prometric Testing Region and also by exam.
A routine of costs is supplied when you look at the dining dining table below. As mentioned within the USMLE Bulletin of data, appointments could be changed by using the guidelines on the Scheduling allow. You will have to offer your Prometric Confirmation quantity when you replace your visit. If you reschedule, your rescheduled test date(s) must fall in your assigned eligibility duration.
|Appointment Change costs for Computer-based exams costs (placed in US bucks) effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020|
|The date which you improve your appointment||Prometric Testing Region||step one||action 2 CK||Step 3|
|31 or higher times before (although not including) the initial time of this planned test date||All screening areas||No charge||No charge||No cost|
|less than 31 times and much more than 5 times before (although not including) the initial time associated with the planned test date||All testing regions||$50||$50||$50|
|5 or less days before (although not including) the very first time associated with the planned test date||US and Canada||$121||$136||$242*|
|Africa, Asia (including Hong Kong and Pakistan), Australia, Asia, Asia, Indonesia, Latin America, center East (including Egypt), Thailand||$293||$330||N/A|
|Europe (including Israel), Korea, Taiwan||$333||$375||N/A|
* For step three administrations, you will be charged a rescheduling fee of $121 if you are rescheduling one or more, but fewer than all days of your appointment, between 1 and 5 days prior to your first scheduled test date.
Essential Scheduling for step two CS happens to be temporarily suspended. Please check always announcements to learn more before you apply for step two CS.
For Step Two CS Examination Appointments:
For those who have a scheduled testing visit and therefore are not able to just take the exam in your planned test date or at your scheduled center, you might cancel your scheduled testing visit and reschedule for a unique date and/or center, at the mercy of access. You might cancel and/or reschedule whenever you want through the termination of the time before your scheduled test date. However, no canceling is permitted starting at 12:00 AM, Eastern amount of time in the usa, in your planned test date. The date which you cancel your testing appointment will determine the quantity of your rescheduling fee, since described into the list and dining dining dining table below. All times and notice durations are determined utilizing Eastern amount of time in america.
- You will not be charged a fee when you reschedule if you cancel more than 14 calendar days before your scheduled test date.
- If you cancel between 3 and 14 calendar times before your scheduled test date, you are charged a $400 cost when you reschedule.
- You will be charged a $650 fee when you reschedule if you cancel 2 calendar days before your scheduled test date.
- You will be charged a $1,300 fee when you reschedule if you cancel 1 day before your scheduled test date.
- You will be charged a $1,300 fee when you reschedule if you miss your scheduled testing appointment without canceling.
|Example: Appointment Change costs for CS exams costs (placed in US bucks) effective at the time of January 1, 2020|
|Scheduled Test Date||Cancel Date(s)||Fee|
|July 15||On or before June 30||No Fee|
|July 1 –≤–ā‚Äú July 12||$400|
If you cancel without rescheduling or miss your scheduled testing appointment, there’s no guarantee that testing appointments through your eligibility duration may be available whenever you make an effort to reschedule. You must submit a new application and exam registration fee in order to take the exam if you do not reschedule within your eligibility period.
If you’re struggling to keep your scheduled testing appointment, we encourage one to cancel your visit at the earliest opportunity, whether or not you may be willing to reschedule. When examinees cancel significantly more than 14 calendar times before their visit, it’s much more likely that another examinee will have the ability to fill that screening slot. Avoiding more and more unfilled screening slots assists the USMLE Program manage ability and minmise increases within the cost of the exam.
- Notices |
- Faq’s |
- Efficiency Information
- The Comprehensive Review (CRU) |
- Test Accommodations |
- About |
- Contact |
- Download Adobe Reader